Wednesday, March 30, 2011
March 30th, 2011
Kind of a cool day around the office. I went to take the labels that will go on our wedding announcements to the post office in the Capitol. On the way I noticed a bunch of reporters/cameras setup for a press conference right outside some House office rooms. I came back through and watched a few seconds of Speaker John Boehner giving his "Pass the Damn bill" speech about the Senate budget bill which he wants to see passed soon. Along with him was Majority Leader Eric Cantor and others I did not know. So all the invitations that go out will have been in the presence of power! Anyways, there was quite a stir this afternoon as Martin Sheen came in to personally lobby Senator McCaskill on an issue. I was not at the front desk to see him but heard all about it! Other than that just poking along counting down the days until I return to Missouri. ( I now have 8 days in the office and 25 til home!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment