Thursday, March 3, 2011
January 11th, 2011
Jan 11th 2011 Pretty lax day just went through the mail and sorted it into categories to be scanned into an email type system to be processed. Thank god we don’t scan all the sheets there was probably 600+ pages of stuff that had accumulated since Christmas. We took it to the printing and graphics shop and it will be scanned for us. Along with answering emails, phones it was a pretty average day. After work, I went to a reception for all the WISH-Washington Intern Student Housing students in my building and the surrounding areas. It was in the home of some very nice people who started WISH to make sure interns had a good opportunity to live and work on Capitol Hill. It was packed but the food was good! Manicotti and pulled pork sandwiches! Saw a few interns from this past weekend and got out quickly because it was too packed. You do need to remember that I am the old guy and all the “kids” think in a totally different way than I do and it pains me to listen to them for long periods of time. They have too many hopes and dreams and daddy’s wallet that has ALWAYS provided for them. I cannot connect with people who have had this kind of lifestyle. I have worked for everything that I have and I am proud of that fact. The family and friend support network that I have built is for a reason, to help me along the way. I appreciate everyone who plays a part in this process! I hope you are all as proud as I am. I do feel like I have quite a bit on most of these kids because I have lived outside the college bubble. They will learn or make quite a few mistakes trying, just as I have. But it’s still funny to see the way they think and interact with others! Ok, my rant is done for the night, off to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment