Thursday, March 3, 2011

January 6th, 2011

Day 2 Jan 6th 2011 Well I arrived on time at 9 am since I knew the deal at the entrance. Luckily I can walk from my apartment to my office in about 5 mins total depending on how the traffic is flowing. That is one thing I noticed, the people think the roads are their personal racetrack. Get out of the way or you will get run over. Capitol police watch but ultimately don’t stop speeders. The tasks were mostly the same sort some mail, take some calls, and log voicemails into the system. If you contact this office chances are your name is in the system to receive a response sometime. Lots of people think we can change the world but we are a resource not a be-all-end-all. There are legitimate needs but some are just nonsense, but we get to catalog them all! Since we weren’t in session the office closes at 5pm so that was nice! I did get to see Al Franken as I had to deliver something to the Capitol and told them I would be “lost” for awhile. They understood and I took my time perusing the floors of the Capitol and snapping some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment